Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Little One Arrives!

Aaaaaaaaw so cute! Here's the very first ceramic "Little One", sculpted by Kelly Savage
of the UK, and issued in resin last year.


Left is the little ceramic foal, not even dry from being assembled yet. Right, is the original resin with the mold lines and flooding. Astute collectors will notice that the dotted line probably means that part is cut off in the mold, and they would be right! Little One's head (just behind the ears) and hind legs/tail are done in separate molds and assembled during cleaning. It works great, though it's a bit fiddly to get the legs just perfect... but I've had lots of practice lately with Stormy et al....

So I will be glazing and selling a few Little Ones soon, in amongst the other orders I have, and will make them available for sale publicly on MHSP. Join my yahoo announcement group for more information... pourhorsefactory.yahoogroups.com

I always announce there first, giving my loyal customers the early word on what is available.
So, welcome Little One!

2 comments:

  1. Joanie!!! It looks beautiful! I wondered how you would manage the awkward angles but it looks like it was no problem for a caster of your calibre! I can't wait to see it all glazed up, I'm SO excited!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie! I can't wait to see him all painted up! :)

    ReplyDelete